Thursday, December 13, 2007

Weariness

"Let us not become weary in doing good for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers."

Galatians 6:9-10

I'm tired, weary, and rather exhausted. When I'm weary, small tasks seem quite large and often I don't even want to begin getting things done. Might be cause I'm coming down with a cold, not going to bed as early as usual, might be going to work and coming home in darkness--I'm not sure.

I looked up Weariness in the Concordance and this verse seemed fitting. What jumps out at me is "at the proper time" think that must be God's time. I need to continue doing good and the harvest will be reaped at the proper time -- not when I think it needs to be reaped, but in God's time.

I know God wants me to lay down in lush green pastures and he leads me beside quiet waters, he restores my soul (Psalm 23). Hmmm, I thinking in order to lay down in the pasture I must get off the couch to get to the pasture.....

I know that you too, Christian sister are busy rushing around, achieving, accomplishing, nuturing others, working toward PHDs and many other tasks.

Take a breath today and enjoy the simple joys in life after giving your "stuff" to the Lord -- makes more room for the joy. That is my plan for the day.

He restores my soul by:
  • My boys' hugs and kisses
  • Laughter
  • Gratitude for the many blessings I have in my life
  • The Christmas story
  • The winter snow branches of the pine trees
  • Christmas music
  • Visiting via blogs with dear friends
  • Being in the Word (think I'm needing more of this)
  • Christmas tree lights and smell
  • smell of baking bread (okay there isn't any of this happening but know if it was it would restore my soul -- bread does that :)
  • Coffee (I'm sure that helps my soul)

Okay I'm getting a bit silly now.

Have a good day and look for the ways God is wanting to restore your soul today.

2 comments:

kjenns said...

Bread and Coffee...I love cinnamon rolls for breakfast. It combines the best of both worlds.
I can hear you laughing while posting this.
I love it.
Kel

Brenna said...

Smiling. Your words always seem to ring true, and bring a sense of God into the room. I'm a young friend of Lindsay's who's been devouring the lesson's of your blog for the last month or so... I hope you don't mind!