"...I can't tell you how much I long for you to enter this wide-open, spacious life. We didn't fence you in. The smallness you feel comes from within you. Your lives aren't small, but you're living them in a small way. I'm speaking as plainly as I can and with great affection. Open up your lives. Live openly and expansively!"
The Message 2nd Corinthians 6:11-13
God calls us to live abundant, full lives. I consistantly feel I live a full live, but not sure it is the full God intended ... full of hurry, deadlines, time constraints, stress, overwhelmedness. No, that is not what God intended.
I love these series of photos of Eli eating a cupcake. Now that is gusto in action, no delicate nibbling around the edges, no sir, big bite right in the middle. You aren't doing it right if you aren't wearing the frosting.
My question is am I living delicately ... nibbling around the edges rather than diving in with frosting all over my face?
This topic has been rolling around in my brain for a while. In order to live abundantly, you must have room in your life for the lots of abundance and like any area, you must clear out the clutter to make room for what you desire.
So what am I willing to get rid of/concentrate less on to make room for abundance? (I feel a list coming on)
- judging people or situations
- negative attitude
- tv
- focusing on the downside
- grumpiness
- less sleep (unlike most people, usually I get quite a bit)
- impatience
- attempting to control people or situations
- less mindless reading
3 comments:
again... thank you for your thought provoking posting ablility!!
things I need less of to have more of HIM... hmmm...
*less computer time (easy right now since it's being fixed)
*less negativity about things that bother me about other people
*less worry
*less frustration with those I love most
I know there is more... but that's a start!
Blessings to you today - and the rest of the week - love you!
Hello Kay Dee! I love your blog musings! I admire you so much to sit down and write! Annie Livingston and I was talking about you ---yet again and she would like your email address or your blog address....that is.....I go through a link on Lindsay's site. Would you send it to me at weaver2006@gmail.com
Thanks....Donna
KayDee,
So, blogging, my first experience...kind of an online journal that allows other people's feedback. I like it...I may be a little less likely to offer up my own blog with such heartfelt "musings" for fear others may discover that I really have no solid grasp of many subjects. But the ponderings and self discovery is good.
Here is what I feel about "living with gusto". Our motto, my kids and mine: Goobers have more fun. I want my kids to realize before I did that being yourself is so much easier than trying to match what others are doing. If you are who you are, your real friends will rise to the top. Be weird and have fun. Also, love yourself. The most secure people I know don't make apologies for who they are. They laugh at themselves and learn from their mistakes and don't make excuses. Accept who you are and revel in your uniqueness. Why did it take me so long to get to this point? My early years would have been so much easier. Ah, hindsite.
Post a Comment