Make Me a Blessing
by George Schuler
Out in the highways and byways of life,
Many are weary and sad;
Carry the sunshine where darkness is rife,
Making the sorrowing glad.
Make me a blesssing,
Make me a blessing,
Out of my life may Jesus shine;
Make me a blessing, O Savior, I pray,
Make me a blessing to someone today.
Tell the sweet story of Christ and His love,
Tell of His pow'r to forgive;
Others will trust Him if only you prove True,
Every moment you live.
Make me a blessing,
Make me a blessing,
Out of my life may Jesus shine;
Make me a blessing, O Savior, I pray,
Make me a blessing to someone today.
Give as 'twas given to you in your need,
Love as the Master loved you;
Be to the helpless a helper indeed,
Unto your mission be true.
Make me a blessing,
Make me a blessing,
Out of my life may Jesus shine;
Make me a blessing, O Savior, I pray,
Make me a blessing to someone today.
I really like this reminder to be a blessing to someone each day. Often it is easier to be a blessing to a stranger, with a small kindness of a smile or opening the door for them when their hands are full.
Being a blessing to those I love the most, sometimes proves difficult. I snap, instead of listening and responding with kindness, even though my buttons have been pushed. My patience level always seems shorter with my family.Why is that?
I believe many blessings are small acts of kindness, gentleness and patience (hmmm, that is sounding alot like fruit of the spirit) in addition to the big blessings God gives us.
Blessings I can provide to others:
- Smile when saying hello
- Ask how others are doing and then truely listen
- Be a safe place to confide
- Always have a hug ready to give to those in need
- Celebrating others successes
- Sharing in others sorrows
- Giving to others of my time and service
- Keeping in touch with family and friends
- Praying for others
- Being patient, even when I don't feel like it
- Being conscious and loving those around me, whether they want it or not
- I hear my Grandma Ida's voice saying, "Feed 'em"
- Showing others the love and forgiveness my Savior so lovingly gives me (even if that other just cut me off in traffic)
- Being vulnerable and sincere
- Being present with the person I'm speaking to - really listening (not just thinking about what I'm going to say or do next)
4 comments:
YOU my dear friend are a BLESSING!
May you see that in yourself, may you be reminded of that daily, may God continue to use you in the lives of others... so many, many others!
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!
You are that blessing and many more to me!
Thanks for the great post. It seems like work at times to be a blessing, but truly it is the spirit in us that allows this to happen!
Make me one too!
I love you dear friend!
Kellie
PS
You feed 'em better than anyone else I know!
Kaydee your blog is blessing my socks off! Thank you for sharing your struggles and thoughts and these great verses. You are so generous!
Happy Thanksgiving!
Love Gwen
Post a Comment