Thursday, January 29, 2009

Get Plowed


Okay, that title is a bit misleading, but catchy. Back in November E and I when on one of our afternoon adventures and took the above photo of the fall fields. My purpose in taking the photos was to get one that reflected a daily devotion that stopped in my tracks last fall.

This is from Chuck Swindoll's Day by Day Devotion

"There are two kinds of lives -- the fallow and the plowed. "The man of fallow life is contented with himself and the fruit he once bore. He does not want to be disturbed ... He has fenced out God and the miracle. The plowed life is the life that has ... sent the plow of confession into the soul ... And as always fruit follows the plow'" (AW Tozer).

Am I content with past prayers, witnesses, steps in faith? Or do I beseech the Lord to plow my soul and till it in preparation for optimum seed growth? Hmmm, lately I've been more inclined to be resting on my laurels. Taking the easy way, not the path less taken.

Are you asking the Lord to plow your soul, to ready it for His plan and will?

"Sow righteousness, reap love. It's time to til the ready earth, it's time to dig in with God, Until he arrives with righteousness ripe for harvest."

Hosea 10:12 (The Message)

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

Sweet Jesus ... You're BACK!! :)

Love you KayDee ... and am blessed by you - woman of faith and hope!!

Sow righteousness ... reap love!!

kjenns said...

Hooray!
Love the title. Love the picture. Love that you found a way to relate it. I pray for a soul that needs plowed constantly. I love the farming references...speaks to my heart.
THANK YOU,friend for coming back to blog world.

kjenns said...

By the way - thanks for the prayer request...consider yourself prayed over...curious to know about the "Todd" work related comment, though.