From the Message Bible
Isaiah 30:16 "...Your strength will come from settling down in complete dependence on me."
Verse 18 "But God's not finished. He's waiting around to be gracious to you. He's gathering strength to show mercy to you. God takes time to do everything right-everything. Those who wait around for him are the lucky ones."
At the women's retreat two weeks ago, in my quiet alone time, God kindly whispered softly and repeatedly, "Be still and draw nearer to me. Be still and draw nearer to me. Be still and draw nearer to me."
Could it be that easy? Just be still .... hmmm not going a million miles an hour trying to remember the 10 items I need to get done, race to the "next thing", not achieve, not impress -- just be?
Sigh... sitting still and stilling one's mind, it takes some work but oh the rewards. The above Bible verses were what I came upon in my reflection/journaling time. It so speaks to just drawing near to the Lord, settling down and having complete dependence (not sometimes or just in desperate times) but at ALL times.
He is waiting to be gracious to me and to you. Golly, guess I'm moving so fast often I'm not allowing God the time He needs--through Bible study and pray--to allow me to see the grace and mercy there waiting for me, if only I be still and draw nearer.
My wish for you today is that you take a deep breath, still your mind, and pray to draw nearer to our Lord.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Lord,
I don't know anyone that is busier than KD. She is the ultimate achiever. You must be so proud of her. She witnesses to so many in her work and service. I pray that KD today feels your presence deep in her heart and that she realizes all that she is to so many people. Help her to know that all that you have made her to be is being manifested in her at this very moment. Help her to know that she is a belssing to so many people, and that she has been "entrusted with much."
Remind her of your words:
"From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one entrusted with much, much more will be asked." (Like 12:48b)
Remind her that the work she does is godly and right, and that you have made her this way. Help her to appreciate that you made her perfect in your site. And remind her to stop and smell the roses today!
I pray over her in your precious name, AMEN.
Post a Comment