Sunday, October 14, 2007

Calm You with His Love

Zephaniah 3:17

"Your God is present among you, a strong Warrior there to save you. Happy to have you back, he'll calm you with his love and delight you with his songs."

I love this verse tucked away in a three chapter book of the Old Testament. He will calm me with HIs love and delight me with his songs. Sometimes hard for me to fathom that he wants to delight me with songs. Often I get so concentrated on my part of our relationship, I forget to stop and appreciate the many blessings, many delights my Lord gives because He delights in me. Zowie, creator of the universe who wants this personal relationship with me--pretty cool and awe inspiring.

I had to go and do it. I read the intro to Zephaniah. Here I am wrapped up in my own little world -- just me and God--our relationship, just be reminded by this minor prophet via Eugene Peterson's words" Everything you do or think or feel has to do with God. Every person you meet has to do with God. We live in a vast world of interconnectedness, the connections have consequences, either in things or in people-all the consequences come together in God. The biblical phrase for the coming together of the consequences is Judgement Day."

Hmmm, other people--that does add to the challenge of my Christian walk. As I head out traveling to Santa Fe and Bozeman this week, I pray God will give me the calm, the insight, and patience to continually use kindness with strangers regardless of how they treat me. I've always liked the saying that said love on people until they ask you why.

May you feel the calm of His love in your life today.

2 comments:

kjenns said...

KayDee,
When do you travel this week? As a personal side note, I have never had as much fun in NM as I did with you. Let's to that again!SOON! Enjoy this time away. Keep close to the Lord, you speak such wisdom! Traveling mercies for you dear sister in Christ!
Love ya,
Kel

Lindsay said...

Praying that your light will shine as you interact with others this week!! :)
Blessings to sweet girl!