Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Laziness

Hebrews 6:11-12

"We want each of you to show this same diligence to the very end, in order to make your hope sure. We do not want you to become lazy, but to imitate those who through faith and patience inherit what has been promised."

I've been lazy lately-not leisurely, not relaxed-just plain lazy. I've chosen not to do things, mainly around the house that would make living here in our home better for my family, as well as myself.

Laziness is a sneaky sin, in the beginning I justify (which anytime I try and justify, I should know better and I guess also ALL sins are sneaky when I think about it) that I deserve a break, just to sit and watch TV or read a book BEFORE necessary chores and tasks get completed. Clutter and stacks are threatening to take over sections of my home-not good.

Why does sin creep up on me like that? I'm thinking I deserve to just sit, or sleep for just 15 minutes more ... I was going to say that I wished I had a beeper that would go off when I start drifting into sin, but then I realized that would be my conscience--ahhh, I've got one of those. Daily time with my Lord, also helps to keep my heart pliable, moldable, and AWARE.

Diligence and discipline to keep on keeping on. That is my prayer of the week. I pray that I will continously apply diligence and discipline to tasks so that once completed I can enjoy the reward of relaxation, knowing what needs to be accomplished has indeed be done.

The refreshment of well deserved relaxation is what I need to be considering, hmmmm, future reward rather than instant gratification ... that seems to be a reoccuring theme for me.

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

I'll be praying for you... to get up and go and do the things that need to be done.
... but don't forget to rest too!

Aren't you thankful that laziness doesn't consume you all the time? God is at work in you & He is showing you how to recognize what you need to do weekly, daily, hourly. He's creating great habits in you!

One of my favorites:
Proverbs 12:27
A lazy life is an empty life,
but "early to rise" gets the job done.

Aren't you glad you get up early!? :)

kjenns said...

Testing, Testing.
I am getting errors when I try to post.

kjenns said...

Hey, I am waiting for a post!!!