"Only take heed to yourself, and diligently keep yourself, lest you forget the things your eyes have seen."
Deuteronomy 4:9
Wasn't going to continue blogging about the Israelites' journey in the desert but recent Daily Bread reading mentioned the reflection/review aspect of their 40 year journey. "The journey was about training, about a lesson in using God's past workings as instruction for future godly living."
Just think about the Manna, new every morning. If a person tried to horde more than what they needed, it would spoil. That lesson was available every day, 14,600 times during the Exodus journey - the opportunity to learn, reflect and one's actions.
So we as stiff-necked people are unwilling to obey at times, when that happens and there are consequences to our choices, do we then reflect on our actions and the results and determine wisely that God's way is a better way to accomplish things?
A harsh word to a love one, that never seems to go well. Better to keep the biting remark to one's self. Then the next step would be asking for forgiveness and the resolve and reflection of doing it differently next time.
So you messed up, welcome to being human. The essential question is upon reflection how will you better reflect Christ and His love next time?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I have learned this the hard way too many times...but you are right, the resolve and reflection to do this better...that is worth its weight in gold. We are human, but as Christ-likenesses, wouldn't you think we could get it a bit quicker?
I have accepted that I am a work in progress, unil the day I am called home!
By the way, I think you are one of the best reflections of this...you are certainly resolved to do and say things in HIS image...strange you can't see what I see!
Love you,
Kellie
I love Kellie's comment... the last paragraph especially!
You are the work in progress that He has had in mind since before time. Continue to let Him use and mold you & then smile as you reflect because He has created something/someone so very beautiful - inside & out!!
LOVE your Christmas card too... Mason does too!! :) SO stinkin' clever!!
Post a Comment