Thursday, January 17, 2008

What on Earth Are We Doing?

"Therefore, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God."

1 Corinthians 10:31

As I reflect on this verse, I can say that there are indeed times where I'm not doing all to the glory of God. I'm sure you can list with me the reason/excuses I quickly come up with: I'm tired, too busy, it takes too much time (excellance that is), I don't feel like it, the list goes on and on.

Something I'm really working on right now (Kellie, read resolution) is focusing on my DAILY actions as those quickly add up to be what you become and reflect. I'm trying now, every minute, hour, and day to consciously make the choices that often I've made on auto-pilot in the past - what I put in my mouth, what comes out of my mouth, how I treat others, making time to read in the Word.

If my intention is to eat healthy, and yet I continue to eat junk -- my actions are not reflecting my intentions. Difficult to remain authentic if your actions don't match your intentions. As a Christian, if I want others to see the Lord through me -- my ACTIONS must reflect His love and be to His glory.

So that is it, simply examining my daily choices/actions to determine if they are congruent with how the Lord wants me to live my life. Simple, but often not all that easy.

Have this post-it on my computer at work "Align your actions with your intentions" to remind me constantly.

How are your actions reflecting your intentions and how are they giving glory to God today?

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

First... I have changed the calf count :)

Second... this is a powerful post and I so appreciate the thoughts you bring to mind. If our actions & words don't match... people aren't seeing what God intends them to see. But why oh why is it so hard to remember that when we find ourselves in "the heat of the moment."
Praying for wisdom in thinking before speaking, seeking Him as we make even the simplest choices, and realizing that He uses us - even when we're a little off track!

May your day be blessed and aligned, and may you KNOW that the effort you are making to show others Him by being YOU is working!! :)